1. Determine whether you are prepared to adopt a pet.
2. Examine each of your possibilities.
3. How do your family members feel about having pets?
4. Can the animal you're bringing home fit in your present house?
5. Can your family make a commitment?
6. Are you willing to spend?
7. Training and grooming requirements
8. The proper accessories, toys, and treats
9. Do you allow pets in your home?
10. Be explicit about spaying and neutering
11. Review nutritional information before making a purchase
12. Educate yourself.